The Scottish Graduate School of Social Science (SGSSS) and The Data Lab are pleased to offer a three month (full-time) or six month (part-time) paid internship opportunity. Due to Covid-19, the internship placement will be remote and can be completed from home.
Any social science PhD researcher registered at a Scottish University is eligible to apply. The deadline to submit applications is 5pm on Wednesday 26 August.
What is the internship project about?
The Data Lab is Scotland’s Innovation Centre for Data and Artificial Intelligence (AI). They exist to help Scotland maximise value from data and lead the world to a data powered future.
This internship will be an opportunity to:
- Work on a key aspect of a new data skills programme funded by the Scottish Government via the Edinburgh & South East Scotland City Region Deal.
- Engage with national agencies and recent policy developments focused on data and innovation.
- Contribute to data skills development across the Edinburgh city region and potentially across Scotland.
How do I get involved?
- You can find the word application form online here and some more information about the internship online here.
- Applicants need to submit a completed application form, along with a statement of support from their supervisor and a two-page CV on Grad Hub.
- The deadline to apply is Wednesday 26 August.
You can find out more about the SGSSS Internships Scheme by consulting our FAQ document.
If you have any questions about the application, please contact Anna-Marie (the SGSSS Knowledge Exchange and Partnerships Manager) on email@example.com.