We are so pleased to announce the launch of the Saltire Emerging Researcher Scheme. The programme will offer Scottish Social Science PGRs and ECRs the opportunity for a European placement allowing them to spend up to six months under the guidance of a nominated academic mentor in a European host institution
The objects of the Saltire Emerging Researcher Exchange Programme are:
- Enabling research collaboration and professional network development with European partners
- Identifying common research priorities, promoting the sharing of research themes, data, methodologies and approaches
- Fostering the development of long-term relationships between Scottish and European social science researchers for future joint research initiatives
- Establishing networks with non-academic collaborators (policy makers, businesses, third sector organisations) and engaging with the wider population through public engagement activities
- Developing future leadership skills to develop capacity for application to external funders such as ESRC New Investigator awards
Please note that hybrid and online models of placements are available for those unable to be away for a prolonged period of time!
If interested in this opportunity, save the date on your diary to attend the SER Application Q&A on the 15th of November and look out for any relevant updates in the coming weeks. We’ll be promoting the call through our Weekly Digest and the SGSSS website.
For any questions and if you would like to find out more, please contact Flaminia (SGSSS Employability and Partnership Manager) on email@example.com.