SDS Collaborative Competition
The SDS Collaborative competition 2019 is now closed. Please only use the below information for reference.
The partnership aims to support 4 new PhD studentships per year – 16 are currently underway. Their research will provide new knowledge and insights to help advance the understanding of key skills issues from a Scottish perspective.
The overall purpose of the SDS-SGSSS PhD scheme is to engage with the academic community to support the production of new, high-quality research focused on the Scottish labour market. It will:
- Contribute to the development of a cadre of high-quality academic researchers with a deep knowledge of the Scottish skills landscape
- Provide SDS with access to high-quality academic research around topics of longer-term interest
- Increase the range and scope of SDS engagement with academic experts in support of skills policy
Current research topics include:
- Young people’s response to new opportunities – have decision making behaviours changed over time?
- The wider benefits of Career Management Skills to individuals
- The impact of business models and innovative leadership practices on organisational performance
- Skills for the 4th industrial revolution: implications for pedagogy in learning and skills provision
- Promoting entrepreneurialism in the workplace
- Work-Based-Learning (WBL) and Firm Performance