We are now inviting applications for two bespoke internship opportunities with Skills Development Scotland and the Scottish Funding Council.
We will shortly be inviting applications for 2 bespoke internship opportunities with Skills Development Scotland and the Scottish Funding Council. Details will be announced on Wednesday 13 October 2021.
Internships help develop transferable skills, research skills and sector knowledge. They can enhance employability, build networks, and support future employment within or beyond academia.
Three reasons you should consider an internship in 2021/22…
- Internship outputs can help develop impact for your research – and lead to publication and prizes!
- Doing an internship can open up new career paths and enhance employability – former SGSSS interns have secured permanent employment after their PhD
- If you invest time in your application, you have a good chance of success – 86% of eligible applicants were offered an Autumn Term internship last year, and there are plenty of opportunities to go round
Find out more
SGSSS will be hosting a live Q&A session Thursday 15 July where the SGSSS Knowledge Exchange and Employability Manager and one successful student from past competitions will answer any questions you may have around internships. If you would like to join, please click here to register.
Application details required
Applications to SGSSS internships are collected via Apply, SGSSS electronic application system which will be open from 13 October – 12 November 2021. Please read the below information before applying.
The online process involves:
- Inputting information such as personal details, period of PhD study, pathway or discipline
- Selecting the chosen internship host and title
- Providing a description of the skills and experience you can bring to this internship (max 1000 words)
- Providing a short statement on your reasons for applying, what you’d hope to gain from an internship and how this fits with your PhD or career plans (max 500 words)
- Uploading your CV (2 pages max)
- Uploading a Statement of Support from your supervisor. Your supervisor will need to be aware of the timeline in order to contribute meaningfully to your application within the deadline
We strongly advise applicants to complete the application process at least 48 hours in advance of the deadline. If you have any questions about this process please contact us at email@example.com.